Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most frequent asked questions we get at Tattoo Removal Institute. We understand you may have questions about your journey at TRI in regards to how the process works, what to do before an appointment, post treatment care, cost of treatments and so forth.
Please read below for more details, if you can’t find the answers you are looking for then feel free to give us a call and our team will be more than happy to discuss any enquiries you may have.
Your consultation will last approximately 30 minutes. However, we’re passionate about getting to know each of our patients and so do not like to put a time limit on our consultation when discussing your journey ahead at Tattoo Removal Institute. We will address any concerns or questions you may have during this time but if you require additional secondary consult or have more questions, please never hesitate to contact our consultants at Tattoo Removal Institute.
When our skin is in great health it responds better to the laser treatment and therefore maximises our results.
Before your treatment, we strongly recommend to follow the below guidelines:
- Avoid direct sun exposure 48 hours prior. Keep the tattoo out of direct sunlight and regularly apply SPF 30+ to the area 4 weeks up until your treatment. Why? Because skin that is affected by the sun can increase discomfort and slow the healing process.
- Limit/ stop smoking. It is recommended that smokers greatly reduce smoking 4 weeks prior to treatment. Why? Smoking decreases the flow of oxygen in our bodies and will slow the healing process.
- Topical Anaesthetic. Dependent on the area the tattoo that is being removed, general anaesthetic can be applied to numb the surface or body part prior to treatment. We recommend applying the topical anaesthetic at least 1 hour before treatment.
- Attire. Please ensure that no fitted clothing is worn on the area where the tattoo is being removed. We suggest loose fitting clothing to prevent rubbing or irritation after treatment.
The laser session time for tattoo removal depends on the size of your tattoo. We are able to give you an approximate time frame after we have assessed your tattoo at consultation.
The power and speed of our leading edge technology specifically targets the ink particles therefore avoiding heat damage/ buildup to surrounding tissue, giving you a scar free result!
Yes. We often treat tattoos of various sizes on all parts of the body.
Tattoo Removal Institute’s laser system is the most superior technology available on the market. The real advantage with our Fractional Hand piece is that it provides vital skin resurfacing, therefore improving your skin texture and eliminating scarring from your tattoo. You can trust TRI for reinstating and regenerating your skin better than its original condition!
Our experienced laser technicians at TRI are extremely precise and attentive in their line of work. We can remove as much or little of your tattoo as you wish.
Every tattoo is unique, and so every journey is unique and so the number of treatments reflects this and the pricing will vary accordingly. Our laser technicians will prepare a customized package based on your consultation and individual tattoo. We also offer finance options for treatment bundles.
Healthy skin also heals better and therefore when your skin is in great condition it minimizes downtime after a treatment speeding up your recovery rate. At TRI, you can be confident that we will provide you with all the tools, advice and care to ensure you get the absolute best results possible! We offer a complete post-package for you to take home. TRI’s post package takes into consideration everything you will need after your treatment, and makes sure it is accessible to you at your fingertips.
After your treatment use TRI’s post-package and we strongly recommend to follow the below guidelines:
- Avoid direct sun exposure. Apply spf50+ sun cream if skin is exposed.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to water and excessive heat in the skin for 48 – 72hours post treatment e.g. water pressure from a shower, exercise, swimming pool, a bath. Showering is recommended after 24 hours.
- Avoid injury to the area.
- Avoid scratching and touching the direct/ surrounding area.